Friday, April 22, 2011

There's A Fire Starting In My Heart

This entry is going to be a bit of a mish-mash, so hold on tight.  I figure bullet points is the easiest way to go about this, since it's early in the morning and I'm not inclined at this point to put together fully coherent thoughts.

  • I deleted my Facebook account.  It's just become too Big Brother-ish.  I don't like everyone and their uncle knowing all my business.  I had too many 'friends' who I would probably never speak to in real life.  Why do these people need to know about my daily life?  They don't.  Not to mention, Facebook is too much like high school.  If you've read any of my blogs or know anything about me, you'll know that high school and I didn't part on amicable terms.  Getting out of there was one of the greatest days of my life.  Why should I relive it electronically?
  • That being said, I do still have Twitter and Foursquare accounts.  Neither have my picture or full name attached to them.  If you'd like to follow me on either application, you can find me @JStoutie.
  • I'm slowly repairing a broken friendship (A., this isn't about you.  We're fixed!) and I'm so happy to be making baby steps back to open communication.  I know better than to let communication lapse.  It's the enemy of any good relationship.
  • I'm a hypocrite.  I freely admit it.  For years I wanted no part of religion.  I think that harkens back to the day when I was 10 years old and attending summer Bible school at a friend's Southern Baptist church and the preacher told me I was going to Hell because Jesus hadn't saved me.  After that, I figured this Jesus dude must be a real ball buster and I didn't need any part of that.  That was nearly 20 years ago, and I'm finally starting to open my heart.  I've been to Catholic mass a couple times now, and I've also been doing a lot of reading.  What really did it for me was reading a book called The Shack by William P. Young.  Honestly, if you're on the fence about God or you just want a reaffirmation of your faith, I strongly urge you to read this book.  I don't plan on turning this blog into anything preachy, so don't worry.  Faith is making an appearance in my life, so I'm sure it will make an occasional appearance here as well.  I'm still snarky, but my edges have been softened a little.
  • Prince Charming and I put the brakes on our nuptials in a big way.  The stress of planning a wedding got to both of us.  Nothing has changed about our relationship except that we're taking the time to enjoy each other instead of crazily running around trying to put together a huge shindig.  That's not what it should be about, and we both realize that after coming to our senses.  
  • I'm only going to say this, and then leave the subject alone:  "Googling" someone isn't a good idea.  You only get half truths and misinformation.  Ask questions, don't try to do an amateur background check.
  • I'm taking two classes for the summer semester that I'm pretty excited about.  Both are online which isn't my favorite, but my favorite professor and mentor, Dr. J., doesn't teach classes during the summer.  Online classes also give me the freedom to travel a bit and not have to be in Melbourne on any particular day.  I'm taking Business Organizations and Law Office Procedures.  They may sound boring to you, but they are both classes that are essential to my field and I'm looking forward to learning what I need and getting them out of the way.  Fall semester will be here before I can even blink.  I should probably start thinking about my Fall schedule, come to think of it.  
  • If you like getting manicures or pedicures, you need to seek out a salon that uses Shellac nail polish.  The stuff is incredible.  My manicure lasts for almost 2 weeks with no chipping.  Also, if you're a runner and your polish rubs off your toes (PlumQueen, I'm talking to you), you need to try Shellac.  It's more expensive, but it's SO worth it.  That's an endorsement coming from the Queen of Unemployment.  If you're in Central FL, the best place to go is Sorelli Hair Studio.  I get all my salon services done there (hair, facials, waxing, nails, massage) and everyone there is awesome.  

Well, I think that's it for this time.  As usual, everything is up and down and up again.  I wouldn't have it any other way!

*Today's post title is courtesy of "Rolling In The Deep" by Adele.  Get that album, she's incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment